I am often am asked “what camera do you shoot with?” or “what software do you use?”. You asked for it, here it is.
PHOTO GEAR CURRENTLY IN USE (videos below)
- Fuji X100 (primary) you can buy one here
- Fuji X10 (secondary) you can buy one here
- Fuji EF-20 flash, you can buy one here
- Praktica film SLR with 50mm f/1.8 Pentacon lens (East German SLR from the early 1970’s, I’m not sure of the exact date), loaded with Fuji film, usually b&w
- misc. lighting equipment for home studio (soft boxes, continuous lighting, muslins, etc.)
I’ve shot with all sort of photo gear over the years. Everything from my start with Canon film based SLR’s (A2 & Elan 7), the Canon D30 DSLR back 2002, a Canon 1D Mk1 and 20D, several Nikon DSLRs and my trusty old hammer anything with nails Olympus E-1 and E-3 with their weather sealed lenses. In the compact area, some of my past favorites include the Canon G5, G9 and G11 and the Panasonic LX5.
- MacBook Air 13″, mid-2012, 1.8GHz Intel i5, 8G RAM, 128GB SSD HDD (screaming fast!)
- iMac 24″, mid-2008, 2.8GHz Intel C2D, 6G RAM, Running OS X Lion Server (yes, it still runs all the software I need without a hiccup!). You can get the new 27″ model here
- iPad (original)
- 1 x 2TB G-Tech hardware RAID 0, FW800 (Aperture master file and iTunes streaming library)
- 2 x 2TB Western Digital USB drives (RAID backup and TimeMachine for server)
- 1 x 750G Seagate Backup Plus USB3 drive for the MBA
- Various other networked drives for additional storage and for TimeMachine for other networked devices.
- Apple Aperture 3.x
More detailed info coming soon….plus real life usage reviews.